Sunday, November 24, 2019

APPSolutely the Last Time

APPSolutely the Last Time!


For this last time of exploring an app/tech tool, I decided to revisit a couple of tools I have used before. I do love the feature of including videos (like with EdPuzzle and PlayPosit). And I really enjoyed creating a slide deck presentation lesson with Google Slides. And I really liked creating quizzes, like within Google Forms and Quizziz. I wanted to see how I could kind of combine the functions of including quizzes, videos, and a slide deck. I wanted to see if I could make a slide deck more interactive for students. 

I started with a Google Slide presentation that I had already created for a few assignments ago. It just had simple slides with lesson points, and I had some animations included to attempt to make it more visually appealing. I wanted to see how I could create a quiz within Google Slides to add on to it. I watched a couple of YouTube tutorials on how to create quizzes within Google Slides. There really is not a quiz function. You have to get creative. 

Basically, to create quiz questions within Google Slides, you have to link slides together, which I had not done before. For example, for a multiple-choice question, next to each answer option I inserted a circle shape for the students to click on. To make it interactive when they click on an answer option shape, I had to insert a link that when they clicked on that option, it brought them to either a "correct" or "incorrect" slide. 





It did take a little while to create the questions and link each individual answer to another slide, and make sure all of the links went to the appropriate next question. It definitely was not as quick as Quizziz or Google Forms.

For this style of a quiz, the students can take it, but there is not a way for it to be graded, so it is just more for practice for the students as opposed to the teacher being able to evaluate results. I then decided to take a Google Forms quiz that I had already created on the same topic, and embed that into one of the slides. That way there COULD be a quiz in there where the teacher could analyze the results on the back end. However, I found that I could not actually embed the quiz directly into one of the slides. I could still include the link, but would prefer to have it embedded, as it is just more visually appealing and has a better flow.



Overall, I really do enjoy creating within Google Slides. While there may be limitations within Google Slides itself, there of course is always the options of including "outside" tools within the slides. 




Here is the final product:




1 comment:

  1. This is a good exmple of what is referred to as an app smash. When you untilize more than on app at the same time or in coordination with one another you smash the apps together.
    G Slides as presentation, G Slides as a quiz with a G Form to bring te learning all together...nice app smash.

    ReplyDelete